In the picture below you will have one of the bottom strip from each paper as well. Cut at 1.5 inches and you will have the top piece and another piece that I forgot to take a picture of before I glued it to the card. Oops!
This is another card from the Stampin' Up card class.
Scraps of both cardstock and designer series paper
Perfect polka dot embossing folder
I made this card at a Stampin' Up card class. It was fun learning new techniques to add to my cards. Here is the recipe:
Stampin' Write Markers -
Ink Pads -
Stamp Sets -
6x3 Clear Block
Small misting bottle with water
Stamp n scrub or paper towels
Adorning accent embossing folder
I am going to start trying to give recipes for every card that I post. Some I have made before I will try to do a recipe but it might not be possible for all.
This hummingbird card was lots of fun to do, it brought me back to my childhood. I sketched it using the Silhouette Cameo on white cardstock, then I pulled out my crayons and started coloring. Also, I used some Tim Holtz Broken China distress ink on the background. It was so much fun. Hope you enjoy!
This is a project that I have been wanting to do for a very long time now. I was going to paint it directly on the wall but came across a free cork-board and thought that would be better. This way if I ever move I can take it with me! (For those who don't know I just moved into my first house.)
I found this quote on Pinterest several years ago and fell in love with it for my craft room.
As my housewarming party got closer and closer I enlisted a friend to help me do this project. She did all the lettering for me and helped me paint some. I am so glad that this project is finally done! I love it. It was a lot of work and I don't know that I would ever do it again but I am glad that its done.
We used blue ink pen to draw the letters and the paint would not stick to it unless it was VERY thick. I ended up "painting" all the letters with the syringe that they gave me when I had my wisdom teeth out. Yeah not fun. Then the Sharpie would not work for very long going around the edges of the letters. I ended up using about 8 Sharpies on this and then gave up with the last little bit to go. Desperate for any kind of marker that would work I looked up and saw a black dry erase marker. It worked beautifully! If I would have just used that in the beginning I would have cut about 8 hour off my project.
So without further ado here it is.
This is a similar picture to what the cork-board looked like before that I got off the internet because I forgot to take a before picture.
(The pink is the color of the other 3 walls in the room.)