Friday, October 11, 2013

Craft Room Corkboard

 This is a project that I have been wanting to do for a very long time now. I was going to paint it directly on the wall but came across a free cork-board and thought that would be better. This way if I ever move I can take it with me! (For those who don't know I just moved into my first house.) 
I found this quote on Pinterest several years ago and fell in love with it for my craft room.
As my housewarming party got closer and closer I enlisted a friend to help me do this project. She did all the lettering for me and helped me paint some. I am so glad that this project is finally done! I love it. It was a lot of work and I don't know that I would ever do it again but I am glad that its done.
We used blue ink pen to draw the letters and the paint would not stick to it unless it was VERY thick. I ended up "painting" all the letters with the syringe that they gave me when I had my wisdom teeth out. Yeah not fun. Then the Sharpie would not work for very long going around the edges of the letters. I ended up using about 8 Sharpies on this and then gave up with the last little bit to go. Desperate for any kind of marker that would work I looked up and saw a black dry erase marker. It worked beautifully! If I would have just used that in the beginning I would have cut about 8 hour off my project.
So without further ado here it is. 
This is a similar picture to what the cork-board looked like before that I got off the internet because I forgot to take a before picture.

Before:

After:
(The pink is the color of the other 3 walls in the room.)

Happy Crafting,
Alley Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment