Friday, April 8, 2011

The Corner Count!

I promise that I have not left you; it has just been a bit of a mess around here lately. My grandmother fell and had to have surgery (she has 16 staples in her knee) and so I had to go out of state to take care of her for a week. She was taking care of my aunt who had a freak accident not to long ago. She was walking outside her house and fell on some ice and her Velcro watch slit her wrist. She has already had to have two surgeries and is facing more. She has no use of her hand right now; we are hoping that she will regain use of her hand soon.

Now back to it!

I did try the wagon wheel beef soup. It was SO good! I did it a little different then the recipe said to, I made mine completely in the crock pot, frozen beef and all! I also put a whole onion in, it was to much for me so I will be cutting that back. Overall I give it two thumbs up.

I had my first week of gain since starting weight watchers the week after I came home from my grandmothers. I took my food and cooked it there but I just took a lot of the same thing. I really felt like I was going to gain just because I was eating the same thing every day just about and I also put away a pound cake by myself over the week. (It was small!) I kind of feel like I am going to have another gain this week as I have been a little distracted and not tracking like I should have been. We will see!

This week’s recipe is Sausage and Been Casserole:

Yield: 8 Servings (serving size: 1 cup), 5 PointsPlus per cup

1 cup chopped onion
1 (16-oz) package light smoked turkey sausage, cut into ¼ inch-thick slices
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14-oz) can Fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon black pepper
3 (16-oz) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
1 bay leaf
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)

Preheat oven to 375.

Heat a Dutch oven or other large pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and turkey sausage to pan; sauté for 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in 2 tablespoons brown sugar, dried thyme, black pepper, cannelloni beans, and bay leaf. Add ground red pepper, if desired. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over bean mixture, and lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until browned. Discard bay leaf. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.

*NOTE: I got this recipe from my leader and I realize that there are no breadcrumbs in the ingredients so I will ask her Monday how much breadcrumbs there should be.

Ok so time for the (multiple) weekly weight in!
3-21 I lost .2 lbs for a total of -7.8 lbs.
3-28 I gained 1.6 lbs for a total of -6.2 lbs.
4-4 I lost .6 lbs for a total of -6.8 lbs.

Goodness that was long but now I am caught up!

Happy Crafting,
Alley Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment